Microsoft word - read n share december 2009.doc
Join us at our next Read ‘n Share meeting on
Thursday February 18th at 7:30
Bring a list of Titles and Authors you have enjoyed and find out what others are reading
Read ‘n Share Titles
December 17, 2009 Meeting
The Five People You Meet in Heaven
- Killed in an accident, an elderly man
discovers that heaven is having five people explain the meaning of his life.
- After a businessman is murdered in Stockholm, a homeless woman
finds herself to be the prime suspect and must try to clear her name.
The Uncommon Reader
- What would happen if Queen Elizabeth, at the age of
70-something, was suddenly to become a voracious reader?
Day After Night –
Set in an immigrant holding camp in 1945 Palestine where four
women, refugees from Nazi Europe, find healing in the bonds of friendship.
Stephanie Plum Series
– This mystery series features a sassy, New Jersey
bounty-hunter who is assisted by her eccentric grandmother and friends.
The Glassblower of Murano
– A woman leaves London for a new life as a
in Venice to find her fate inextricably linked with her ancestor's.
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
– A Chinese American widower reflects
on growing up in WWII Seattle and his forbidden relationship with a Japanese
– Abandoned by her boyfriend in Honolulu, Sharon Spiegelman
embarks on a quest for enlightenment.
A Reliable Wife
– In 19th century Wisconsin, a troubled businessman’s ad for a
wife is answered by a woman who has her own dark secrets.
Someone Knows My Name
– The life story of an African woman who is
kidnapped into slavery in the 1700s.
– The adventures of wild cat clans as they try to survive in a
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Set in Sweden, a journalist and a Goth hacker
team up to investigate a 40 year old disappearance.
– Recovering from a broken heart in Paris, a writer becomes
intrigued by the anonymously written, erotic novel she is translating.
– After a plane crash, thirteen-year-old Brian spends fifty-four days in
the wilderness, learning to survive.
Baking Cakes in Kigali
– In genocide-stricken Rwanda, a baker provides
decadent confections and transforming counsel to a series of troubled customers.
– Sold to California suitors, sisters from Shanghai struggle to
adapt to life in 1930s Los Angeles, while still bound to old customs.
– 1962 Jackson, Mississippi, three women (two African-American
maids and a young white woman) team up for a clandestine project.
Half Broke Horses
– A novel based on the life of the author's grandmother, who
learned to break horses in childhood and went on to run a vast ranch in Arizona.
Have a Little Faith
– Albom tells the story of two men of faith, an elderly rabbi
from his home synagogue and an African-American pastor in Detroit.
– A journalist’s report on of the mistreatment of nuns by the
You Better Not Cry
– Burroughs tells stories of his dysfunctional Christmases,
both past and present.
The Year We Disappeared
– An account of a police officer who was shot in
1979 and the aftermath, told by both he and his daughter who was 9 at the time.
– The true story of thirteen women who purchased an expensive
diamond necklace together and the effect this had on their lives.
True Compass –
In this autobiography, the late senator Ted Kennedy tells of his
family and his career.
– An account of the author’s participation in the 1,100-mile-long
dogsled race called the Iditarod.
– The story of the brazen 1911 theft of the Mona Lisa
Louvre and the two-year quest to bring her home.
Conversion Technique - By Jack Carpenter I have never used anything other than Colchicine circulate air around the treated crowns are in my opinion (DMSO has sometimes been used) to effect conversion. The use of DMSO did not seem to cause greater amounts of conversions. I am simply not familiar with the CRITICAL importance as crown rot may occur. Always several other things I have heard
educatie op het geBied Van Voeding, suppletie en gezondheidTwee miljoen Nederlanders hebben te kampen met een chronische spijsverteringsziekte (Maag Lever Darm Stichting, 2006). Verreweg de meeste klachten houden rechtstreeks verband met een verstoorde darmfunctie. De symptomen variëren van krampen, diarree, bloedverlies en incontinentie tot obstipatie, voedselovergevoeligheid en huidklachten. V