Shelanti Function and Conference Venue Enquiries:
Professional assistant – Vera Schoombee
263 Jean Avenue Centurion Website: www.shelantigarden.co.za
“The Magic of Memories”
Shelanti is located in the heart of Centurion with its Country Side atmosphere. Be assured of our personal attention to make your memorable event a trouble free day. We wil assist you with a variety of elegant in-house services, and then oversee every nuance. We offer attention to detail which wil make your special day a truly memorable occasion. We can offer first class advice and guidance on every aspect of the day’s arrangements. Shelanti is a well known venue for the past thirteen years, with quality food and service for wedding receptions, corporate functions, birthday parties, engagement parties, conferences, christenings and other special events.
We offer you the following:
• Breathtaking Chapel with a 14th Century Cathedral atmosphere (See Chapel Information
• Function Hall with air conditioning, which can accommodate up to 120 guests with a
dance floor, and 140 guests without a dance floor
• Garden Venue for any occasion – a haven of peace and tranquility which can
• Restaurant for smaller occasions which can accommodate up to 30 guests (excluding
• Wedding dresses (W & H Bridal & Evening Wear)
• Music for the Chapel and Reception • Off site Bridal Suite & Guest House
Shelanti Price list: (Prices are valid from 01-01-11 until 31-12-11 and are subject to change. All prices quoted are inclusive of 14% VAT)
• R3 000-00 will confirm your booking.
• Deposit will also be utilised to cover any breakages.
• We regret no deposit will be refunded if function is cancelled.
• Should you require more pre-drinks, coffee, wine, sherry or sparkling wine for the duration of
the function, this will also be deducted from your deposit.
• In case of no damages or losses, the full amount will be refunded into your bank account.
• Full deposit or any balance (in case of any breakage) due, will be refunded within 30 days after
the function. Please provide us with your banking details.
• Hall: Saturdays, Sundays and Public holidays
• Garden facility: Saturdays, Sundays and
(Winter special: June, July and August, less 15% on Venue hire)
Venue Hire includes:
• Exclusive use of the function venue. • All standard tables, chairs, tablecloths, napkins, cutlery, crockery, glasses and buffet
• Cocktail tables and tablecloths for pre drinks.
• Standard sound equipment suitable for background music only.
• Security Guard – with panic button - armed response
Additional costs: Cash bar facility
R 600-00 (+ 10% service fee applicable on open bar – Includes bar personnel)
R 250-00 per waiter (one waiter per 20 guests)
R 120-00 to R 310-00 per person (See attached menus)
(Children under 12 @ Half price & Children under 5 @R50.00 each)
R45.00 per bottle (for own Wine and Sparkling Wine only)
Terms and conditions:
• Any damages, losses or extras will be deducted from the deposit.
• The final amount of guests to be confirmed 21 days prior the function.
• Appointment to finalise final arrangements to be made 21 days prior the function.
• Account payable 21 days prior to the function – only bank guaranteed cheques, internet
transfers or cash will be accepted. No credit card payment will be accepted. Proof of payment to be faxed or E-mailed. In the event of non-payment of the total account within 7 working days Shelanti reserves the right to cancel a provisional booking without further notice or liability to the client.
• The final number of guests as discussed at the final appointment (21 days prior the function)
will be charged for unless attendance is more. Bearing in mind that should this variance be below the minimum mentioned in the final arrangements, clients will automatically be billed for the minimum as discussed in the final arrangements.
• No money is refundable on final payment of the account.
• The client must confirm all changes and cancellations in writing.
• All catering will be done by Shelanti – No private catering allowed.
• Wedding Cake can be served with dessert or coffee. Please take note that this will not replace
• Provision is made for guests to have second helpings. No take away food is allowed.
• Corkage fee per bottle will be charged on wine and sparkling wine only, should you wish to
• Shelanti is fully licensed and alcohol will be supplied by the bar facility. Should any guests
bring their own alcoholic beverages on the premises, we reserve the right to withhold the deposit paid.
• Function hall will only be available on the day of the function for décor and flowers. Function
hall can be decorated one day before the function if there is no function. Please make the necessary arrangements with management.
• Florist can arrange with management to work at Shelanti during trading hours, if we can accommodate them. It is the florist responsibility to clean the area where they have worked.
• Please be advised that all decorations must be removed from the venue after the function or by
8H00 the following day (excluding Sundays) – please make arrangements with management. Any items not removed within 7 days of being placed in storage will be discarded.
• Whilst all precaution will be taken to safeguard your belongings, Shelanti will not be liable for
loss or damage to any property whatsoever (décor, flowers, gifts, valuables etc.).
• Should the Shelanti building, surrounding gardens, décor or napery be damaged by the client, or
any supplier acting on the client’s instruction during the set-up or break down operations for the function or during the function by any of the client’s guests, the client shall be liable and will be billed accordingly.
• All candles used must be in candle holders and any damage to table linen will be charged
• Hall Facility: Minimum of 50 guests (adults) are required for Mondays to Fridays, and a
minimum of 60 guests (adults) for Saturdays and Sundays.
• Garden Facility: Minimum of 30 (adults) required for Mondays to Fridays and 50 (adults) for
• Bookings for morning weddings may utilise the facilities until 14H00. Arrangements can be
made with management should you wish to make use of the venue for longer, at additional costs.
• Receptions that take place at 14H00 may utilise the facilities until 22H00.
• Receptions that take place at 16H00 or 18H00 may utilise the facility until 24H00.
• Bar facility: Last rounds @ 23h30. Bar closes at 23h45.
• DISCLAIMER: Persons entering these premises and/or using any facilities at these premises
do so at their own risk. The owners and/or tenants and/or their employees, of these premises cannot be held responsible directly or indirectly for any claim of whatsoever nature in respect of any loss, damage or injury however caused, sustained or suffered by any person at any time whether arising from the negligence (gross or otherwise) or wrongful act of the owners or the tenants or its employees and/or any person connected directly or indirectly with them, nothing excepted.
• Shelanti reserves the right to cancel any booking forthwith and without liability on its part in
the event of any damage to, or destruction of the venue by fire, industrial unrest, or any other cause beyond the control of Shelanti which shall prevent it from performing its obligations. In these circumstances every effort will be made to find an alternative venue.
R 120-00 per person VAT inclusive Pan Fried Plum Tomatoes with Balsamic R 150-00 per person VAT inclusive Assortment of Cereals with Hot and Cold Corn, Sundried Tomato & Feta Quiche Gril ed Minute Steaks with Cheese Sauce Scrambled Eggs with Cheese and Chives Beef Sausage with Fried Onion and Pan Fried Plum Tomatoes with Balsamic A variety of smal individual Koeksisters, Caramel tartlets, Berry Cheesecake tartlets R 175-00 per person VAT inclusive R 195-00 per person VAT inclusive Mock Crayfish Cocktail in Phyllo served with Garden Salad Complimented by a Deep fried Crumbed Prawns on a bed of Baby Rocket Salad & Sweet Chil y Sauce Rosemary flavoured Roast Leg of Lamb Home Made Traditional Chicken Pie Chicken Fil et with Basil & Pesto Young Potatoes in Creamy Butter Herb Pumpkin Fritters in Caramel Sauce Glazed Julienne Carrots in Mango Sauce Rocket Beetroot & Butternut Salad with Broccoli with an Almond Butter Sauce Rocket, Strawberry, Blue Cheese & R 240-00 per person VAT inclusive Vegetable Spring rol s with a Herb Salad complimented by a Sweet & Sour Sauce Butternut Soup Served with Sour Cream Rosemary Flavoured Roast Beef and Oven baked Butternut with Cinnamon Pumpkin Fritters with Caramel Sauce (Special price only applies for winter R 240-00 per person VAT inclusive South African Cheese Platter with South African Cheese Platter with R 255-00 per person VAT inclusive R 250-00 per person VAT inclusive Venison Terrine served with Garden Salad Venison Terrine served with Garden Salad Salmon and Avocado Terrine served with Salmon and Avocado Terrine served with Rosemary Flavoured Beef Fil et with a Roast Leg of Lamb with Mint Sauce Duo of Mustard Flavoured Beef Fil et Steamed Basmati Rice with Apricot and and Chicken with Spinach and Feta Served on a Medley of Roast Vegetables Trio of Crème Brule, Chocolate Tart and Praline Ice Cream Complimented by a Tomato and Mozzarel a Cheese with fresh French Loafs with Olive Oil and Balsamic Crème Pátisserie Mil e-feuil e served with a Chocolate Truffle & Amarula Liqueur complimented by Fresh Fruit & Berry R 290-00 per person VAT inclusive Selection of South African Cheese with Plated Menu’s * Main Course covered with Silver Domes R 310-00 per person VAT inclusive Canapés with an assortment of toppings Parma Ham and Melon in Chinese Spoons Vol au Vents with an assortment of Tomato and Mozzarella Cheese Kebabs South African Cheese Platter with Cocktail Sausages with Mustard Sauce Mini Pitta Bread with Tikka Chicken Moroccan Meat Bal s with Soft Apricot Cocktail Spring Rolls with Sweet and R 165-00 per person VAT inclusive R 210-00 per person VAT inclusive Pumpkin Fritters in Caramel Sauce Glazed Baby Carrots in Mango Sauce R 170-00 per person VAT inclusive PLEASE TAKE NOTE: “OR” OPTIONS = CHOICE OF ONE Children under 12 @ half price and children under 5 @ R50.00 pp Thank you for considering our services for your special function
Demystifying Battery Recycling. J. Allen Byrne Engineering, Training and Technical Support Manager Interstate PowerCare ABSTRACT After a stationary battery has been deemed spent (used) and is no longer required, it must be carefully managed and steered through a disposal and reclamation process. Failing this, the owner can fall foul of several regulatory requirements that may
Exhibition Review Article The Power of presence: the ‘Cradle to Grave’ installation at the British Museum Camilla Mordhorst*Museum of Copenhagen Abstract The Living and Dying gallery opened at the British Museum five years ago. Praised by critics, this award-winning exhibition is one of the most well attendedexhibitions at the Museum. A visit to the gallery makes it apparent that it is