1. General Information
Assisted reproduction centre in Girona (Catalonia)
Gynaecology – Egg donation – Fertility treatments – Genetics – Andrology CONSULTATIONS AND LABORATORY
GIREXX – Clinic Onyar
Heroïnes de Santa Bàrbara, 6
17004 Girona – Catalunya
Tel. : (34) 972 226 004 / Fax : (34) 972 411 886 LOCATION
On the ground floor of clinic Onyar, on number 6 of Heroïnes de Santa Bàrbara
street – 15 minutes walk from the city centre and 20 minutes from the train station
(RENFE). INTERNATIONAL DEPARTMENT
Contact and information in French
Michèle Bosquet – Coordinator
Telf. : (+34) 674 076 878
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 10am - 5pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 6:30pm – 8:30pm Marjorie Marquier – Patients reception
Mobile: (+34) 673 813 662
Landline: (+34) 972 226 004
From Monday to Friday: 10am-2pm and 3pm-5pm
Weekends and bank holidays: for the patients on treatment,
please leave your
message in case of urgency
and we will contact you as soon as possible.
2. Egg Donation
Negotiated rates for Les EK Association members:
The membership letter is not enough to get the preferential rate; you must send
the commitment letter.
A 10% reduction will be applied from the 2nd attempt (2nd cycle).
Total with IMSI
Total Without Drugs
The frozen embryo transfer will be able to be planned on Saturday with the
request of the patients and with an extra cost of 200€. Please ask for more
information at the clinic.
9 one for the first appointment 9 one for the embryo transfer
• Success rate: 55% for the first cycle (80% after 4 cycles) • Number
• Sample sperm collection at the laboratory: it’s necessary an abstinence
period of minimum 3 or 4 days before the appointment
About the Egg Donor:
• Maximum 30 years old • Tests done:
9 Personal and family past history 9 Complete gynaecological test (smear test, vaginal ultrasound
9 Phenotype form 9 Complete blood tests 9 Karyotype
• Donor drugs (see document below) can be provided by the recipient on
the first appointment. Otherwise an amount of 1000€ will have to be paid.
• The choice of the donor will be done according to the physical features
and compatibility of blood groups of the recipient couple.
• Minimum number of collected ovocytes: 10
• Maximum age to start the treatment: 49 years old • Drugs: see the list below
Medical Tests Required For Your Treatment
Tests to be done before the first appointment:
Blood tests (man and woman)
Hepatic and renal control 3 months (SGOT, SGPT, FA, Bilirubin,
Creatinine) Virology: Rubella, HIV 1 and HIV 2, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C,
Estradiol (3rd day of the cycle) 3 months
Spermogram 1 year Reports of previous attempts in MAP (Medically Assisted
*If you already performed some of these tests the year before contacting the clinic GIREXX, you can add them to your file and our doctor will advise you if you have to do them again (except the virology, which will be valid for 3 months according to the law).
Pharmacological treatment for the ovarian stimulation of the egg donor
(To be brought on the first appointment)
9 Orgalutran (5 Phials) Or Cetrotide 0,25 (7 Phials) 9 Puregon 900 Ui (4 Boxes)
9 The patients can either provide them to GIREXX on the first appointment or
pay the amount of 1000€ for all the drugs for the donor.
9 The expired, open or started boxes won’t be in any case
Pharmacological treatment for the egg recipient (to be bought after the first
9 Estraderm 50 (Patchs) (Minimum 10 Boxes) 9 Cyclogest 400 (Vaginal Suppositories) (Minimum 2 Boxes)
9 Yasmin (Pill) (1 Blister Pack) (Await The Doctor’s Confirmation Before
Modalities, Methods of Payment and Case of Cancellation
- We remind you that, in order to get the rates for the members of Les Enfants
you must send them the commitment letter, with the
membership letter is not enough. In case this requirement hasn’t been carried out,
we will be obliged to apply the normal rate.
IMPORTANT: Please, send to the association a copy of your membership letter
(in the process of validity) and of your commitment letter signed.
- Methods of payment accepted: Bank transfer, credit card, cash, Paypal
(previous request). Checks are not accepted. If you are planning to pay by credit
card, please confirm with your bank that the card is unblocked for payments in a
foreign country as well as high amounts of money.
- The estimate you will be sent will have to be signed and returned to the clinic at
least 3 weeks before
the egg retrieval’s planned date the latest
. The breach of
this obligation will automatically mean the postponement or cancellation of the
- If the treatment is not decided and accepted by the recipient during the first
appointment, you will be charged the rate of one visit (160 €). It will be able to be
deducted when the treatment and organisation of the donor will be confirmed
(deadline of maximum 3 months after the first appointment).
- The donor will only be confirmed with the payment of 50% of the total cost with
the drugs. This payment must be done at least 3 weeks before
retrieval’s planned date the latest
. Otherwise the cycle will be cancelled.
- In case the recipient brings the medicaments with her, the amount of 1000€ will
be deducted from the cost.
- The payment will be done the day of the embryo transfer, before
this one takes
- In case the patient cancels the transfer/cycle before
the donor has started her
treatment, we will proceed to refund the amount paid with a deduction of 300€
(cost of tests/exams of the donor).
9 - In case the patient cancels the transfer/cycle once the donor has started
her treatment, the payment will be refunded with a deduction of 2500€ (cost of exams, ultrasound scans, tests, treatment and compensation of the donor). The bank expenses will be payable by the patient.
3. Donor Sperm Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
Negotiated fees for EKD members:
Sperm Donation IUI Cycle
Drugs Used For the Treatment:
• ORGALUTRAN (only if needed, wait for the Doctor’s confirmation before
Method of Payment And Cancellations
We would like to remind you that in order to benefit from special prices for
members of the association, it is necessary to send your Membership Application
form. Your member card is not enough. If you do not send this document, you will
pay the normal price (no discount). IMPORTANT:
Please send us a copy of your member card and your membership
application form already signed.
- Method of payment: bank transfer, credit card, cash, Paypal (available on
request). We do not accept checks. If you decide to pay by credit card, please
check with your bank if you are able to use your credit card abroad.
- The estimate you have been given needs to be signed and sent back to the
clinic at least 3 weeks before the insemination.
If you do not send this
document, the insemination could be postponed or cancelled.
- If on the day of your first appointment you do not decide which treatment you are
going to do, you will need to pay 160 € for the appointment. This amount is
deductible once you confirm which treatment you have decided to do (within a
delay of 2 months after the first visit).
- You will need to pay 50% of the total amount (350 €) in order to confirm your
treatment and follow-up. This amount should be paid before beginning the ovarian
- The final amount should be paid on the day of the insemination, at the latest, always before doing it. - If the patient cancels her treatment or does not want to try again (complete cancellation), we will be able to refund the paid amount, except 200 € for the medical follow-up.
4. JOURNEY AND STAY IN GIRONA
Please have a look at the section Travel and stay in Girona
on the part International patient
from our w. You will find all the
necessary information to organise your travel.
You are offered various hotels with preferential rates, all of them very well located
regarding the clinic.
New SOUTHEASTERN region!
Office in Saint Laurent de la Salanque near Perpignan (66)
66250 Saint Laurent de la Salanque
Telephone number to be used only on the meeting days: 04 68 80 64 67
- Monthly meeting: Association + clinic
- 2 Mondays a month meeting: only clinic
Dates and timetable available on our websites
Last update: june 2011
A Review of some meta-analytic comparisons of pharmacological interventions for prevention of cardiovascular disease in Type 2 diabetes A.G. Shannon Warrane College, The University of New South Wales, & KvB Institute of Technology, North Sydney, NSW 2060, Australia This paper was written to mark the retirement of Professor Soonki Kim, friend and colleague Introduction
Comparison of Tail Drop and Active Queue Management Performance for bulk-data and Web-like Internet Traffic Abstract a congested router output port. Traditional Internet routersemploy “Tail Drop” (TD) queue management, discarding This paper compares the performance of Tail Drop and arriving packets if the buffer of the output port overflows. three different flavors of the RED (R