Microsoft word - 3. medication declaration form - information sheet 2011.doc

THE World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) has determined that some medication may confer an unfair competitive advantage and have issued a list of those drugs and other agents that are banned by competitors. Some agents on this banned list may be used for specific medical conditions and, in some instances; the drug is the only one, which is effective. You are required to declare all medication that you are taking on a regular basis, whether prescribed by a Doctor or purchased from a pharmacy or other retail outlet by completing a British Swimming Medication Declaration Form available through your club via the registration/welfare officer. Medication includes supplements such as Vitamins, Creatine and Echinacea along with anything that you may apply to your skin or agents such as eye drops, ear drops, nasal sprays and inhalers. This British Swimming Medication Declaration form must be completed annually or whenever your Doctor or yourself change your medication. Prohibited List – In order to ensure that you are not unknowingly taking banned substances, it is necessary to be familiar with the most current Prohibited List (which is subject to change from time to time). This list outlines each prohibited class of substances with examples. A current edition of the list can be found on United Kingdom Anti Doping website under GlobalDRO or the WADA website You can also use the Global Drug Reference Online service ( to check the status of UK licensed medications. Therapeutic Exemption Forms – Only when an athlete reaches the standard of a National Squad or is selected to swim for Great Britain, England, Wales or Scotland or in the case of Commonwealth Games one of the smaller Islands recognised by the Commonwealth you are required under WADA to obtain an exemption certificate from Federation Internationale de Natation (FINA) the world governing body for swimming, water polo, diving, synchronised swimming and open water swimming or in the case of disability swimming from UKAD on behalf of the International Paralympic Committee to enable you to use your medication without failing a dope test. If you have to take a banned substance for a legitimate medical condition you should first check with your Doctor to see if there are any permitted alternative treatments or medications. If this is not possible you may need to apply for a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) using the correct application forms. Declaration of Use – For some medications on the banned list a declaration of use is now required by athletes reaching the standard mentioned under Therapeutic Use Exemptions. There are two types of TUE applications: 1. Abbreviated TUE (ATUE) – This is required for certain types of inhaled asthma medication and is reviewed by a panel of independent physicians through FINA or UKAD. 2. Standard TUE – These forms will be reviewed by a panel of independent physicians through FINA or


Please fill out this form & bring it with you to your Travel Clinic Appointment and bring all current medication to your appointment. Also bring any immunization records you may have. Name:_______________________________DOB:___________ Male or Female Address:_________________________________ Social Security:___________________ Home phone __________________ Work phone_______

Kinsey's Flawed Research National Catholic Register & Thomas A. Szyszkiewics-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- National Catholic Register -The Real Kinsey: Who He Was, What He Wrought[Please note: This interview includes adult content.]Judith Reisman got to know Alfred Kinsey long before Hollywood did. An author and researcher on human sexuality

Copyright © 2008-2018 All About Drugs