Sexual Problems after Marriage
9.1 Marriage of mentally ill people
Mental illness afflicts nearly 20% of the population, and this does not include those that are victim of addiction. Whereas minor illnesses like anxiety and depression do not constitute a bar to marriage, however this is not so in the case of the severely mentally ill. In the case of psychosis one should wait for it to be treated and brought under control before any plans for marriage are undertaken, and even those should be under the strict guidance of the treating psychiatrist. However in both the minor as well as the severe mentally ill it is in the interest of all concerned to let the prospective mate know of the affliction. If the disease is discovered after marriage it can become a cause of discord and recriminations between the spouses and their families. However if the matter is frankly discussed before marriage and the situation is acceptable to both parties then these problems can be avoided. 9.2 Epilepsy or seizure disorder
Epilepsy consists of many kind of symptoms. The classical and the well known pattern is that epileptic who looses consciousness, has a convulsion of a part or whole of the body, falls down, hurts himself and on occasion urinates during the fit. However any collection of symptoms occurring cyclically, whereas in between the person is quite well, should be suspected for the diagnosis of epilepsy. In these so called fits they may or may not be unconsciousness. The symptoms may be motor, sensory, psychosomatic, psychomotor or behavioral. Some times the fits occur only during or soon after sleep. Nowadays there is a whole array of medicines, which control this condition and make the person capable of living and working normally. Thus such a person can also marry and have children. However there is a tendency for this illness to run in the genes of the off spring therefore it is advisable that both of the spouses should not be suffering from this illness. If this precaution is taken the chances of transmitting the illness to the off springs are very minimal. 9.3 Diabetes
Diabetes is caused by a genetic predisposition and a sedentary life. In this illness the Insulin production from the pancreas is reduced and therefore the level of sugar in the blood, and often in the urine, rises. It is easily treatable by drugs, diet and exercise. However if the proper treatment regimen is not followed then many serious complications may take place, including impotence. Unless the person is suffering from diabetic impotence there is no bar to getting married. However a person with diabetes should avoid getting married to a person who is also diabetic, or whose family has a history of diabetes, in order to avoid transmission of this problem to the off springs. 9.4 Frequently Asked Question
i) Q1. My wife does not enjoy sexual intercourse even
though I have tried various sexual techniques however she gets pleasure when I rub her clitoris. Do you think this is a normal? A1. The clitoris is a small organ situated under the hood of
tissue at the upper corner of the vulva. This is the most excitable organ in the genitals of the female. In order to give pleasure to the wife it is important to rub the clitoris with a finger or during intercourse. ii) Q2. My wife does not have a orgasm during intercourse
and this is a cause of irritation for both of us. How can the situation be corrected? A2. Although most women enjoy physical and sexual
contact, including sexual intercourse, yet very few women have an orgasm during every sexual act. Therefore one should not expect this every time a husband and wife make love together. However if proper love and affection is shown before intercourse, the body is physically stimulated including the breast and genital as well as the clitoris, then the chances of enjoying sexual intercourse fully and orgasm taking place will be much increased. 9.5 Hypersexual males
Q1. I am 28 years old and my wife is 22. She complains
about my excessive sexual demands. What is the frequency of normal intercourse? Is there treatment for reducing excessive sexual desire? A1. The frequency of sexual intercourse is maximal in the
first few months of marriage. During this period intercourse may occur many times during the day and night. Gradually the frequency tapers down and in the healthy adult it may occur 2 or 3 times a week. However a greater or lesser frequency cannot be considered abnormal in any way, for this depends on the mutual desires of the couple. Intercourse should be pleasurable to both husband and wife, the more the better. If your wife is not enjoying coitus she needs to be educated and trained in this field. Be loving and affectionate and reward her whenever she has a positive attitude. If this does not work she should get help from a female therapist. In Karachi such therapist are available at Karachi Psychiatric Hospital. 9.6 Delayed ejaculation
(i) Q. I am forty years old and after years of practice I have
learned how to prolong the sexual intercourse, and delay my ejaculation. I enjoy this very much. Will this adversely affect my sexual and married life in any way? A. If your wife enjoys the prolonged intercourse as much
as you do, there can be no objection to this procedure. This act will cause no adverse effects at all. (ii) Q. I had a number of intestinal operations due to
cancer in the past few weeks. Now I feel that my semen is not discharging during sexual intercourse. Can any thing be done about this? A. If you and your wife do not feel any reduction in
enjoyment during intercourse then there is no cause to worry. Sometimes during abnormal surgery the tubes bringing semen to the urethra from the seminal vesicles are either severed or blocked later on by contracting tissues so that the semen does not discharge into the urethra and therefore no discharge takes place through the meatus. Occasionally the semen may be discharged into the urinary bladder and comes out along with urine. In either case it does not cause any problems.
(iii) Q.
I do not get any seminal discharge during
intercourse. Is this an illness, and can it be treated? A. This is not a normal condition. You must consult an urologist, who will investigate the cause and then suggest the treatment. 9.7 Hysterectomy
Q. My gynecologist has advised the removal of my uterus
as a treatment of my problems. Will my sex life be affected by this procedure?
A. Removal of the uterus should not in anyway be
compromising to your sexual life or its pleasures. 9.8 Intercourse during menstruation
(i) Q. Does intercourse during menstruation causes
A. It is better to avoid intercourse during menstruation as
the genitals of the wife may be tender or painful. Moreover Islam considers this a sin. However if one commits this sin, the retribution is to give the equivalent of rupees four hundred as charity and ask pardon from Allah. But husband and wife can engage in all mutually satisfying physical behavior besides intercourse i.e. kissing and petting etc. (ii) Q. Is it possible to perform intercourse during
A. Pregnancy is no bar to sexual intercourse. However in
the late stages the husband should penetrate either from the side or from the back and avoid lying on the abdomen of the wife. If these precautions are observed, intercourse can be performed even in the last few days of pregnancy. 9.9 Hymen
(i) Q. Is it possible for a married woman to have an intact
A. If proper penetration does not occur, the hymen will
remain intact. Occasionally the hymen may be so elastic that even on proper penetration it may not rupture. (ii) Q. I have been recently married but I felt no pain
during my first intercourse, nor was there any vaginal bleeding. My husband has started to doubt my virginity. Could you please explain these phenomena? A. In the vast majority of cases the hymen ruptures during
the initial intercourse and there is discharge of some blood from the vagina, but this does not happen every time. Sometimes the hymen may be absent from birth or it may be so elastic that it does not rupture during intercourse and therefore there may be no bleeding, and sometimes there is no pain. 9.10 Hyper sexuality
Q. I have been married for three months. My wife is sexualy very
active. Is having intercourse 3 or 4 times a week harmful? Sometimes she has orgasm more than once during intercourse. Is it abnormal? My wife also has dysmenorrhea. A. Couples usually have intercourse more frequently then
you mention during the first few months. Although, usually, the husband shows, the more desire than the wife. You are lucky that your wife is also showing interest in intercourse. It is possible for a woman to have orgasm more than once during and immediately after intercourse, however most women do not have an orgasm every time. Dysmenorrhea can occur for many reasons, it is better to
I am 32 years old and so is my wife. We have been
married for 8 years but have no child as yet. There seems to be a definite reduction in my wife’s sexual desire. She thinks that having sex twice a week is abnormal. I think that due to her attitude I started to have premature ejaculation. What should be the normal frequency of intercourse? Is my frequency abnormal? Does the sexual desire of a woman lessen with age?
A. Your sexual frequency does not seem to be abnormal.
As a matter of fact sex can be as frequent as the couple agrees on and enjoys. Sexual desire may gradually reduce with age but not in the age bracket that you and your wife are in. One reason for your wife’s reduced sexual desire may be that the relationship between you and your wife may be strained due to some reason and that needs to be put right. Another reason may be that you are not spending enough time in sexual stimulation and love making before the actual intercourse. 9.11 Weakness after intercourse

Some people say that sexual intercourse causes
weakness. What is your opinion about it? A. This is not true. One does relax after sex much like the
relaxation after taking a heavy meal. This is also enjoyable and healthy, but does not cause any physical disability. Sexual intercourse does not cause any kind of ill health whatsoever, no matter what its frequency. 9.12 Sexual intercourse in heart disease

I am 64 years old and my wife is 52. I have heart
disease. I feel weakness after intercourse. How often should I have sex and what should be the technique employed? A. Since sexual intercourse requires some physical
exertion therefore it is imperative that you ask your doctor whether you can engage in it, what technique would be suitable, and how often it can be done. Generally speaking you should employ techniques in 9.13 Marital discord
Q1. I have been married for seven years and have two
children. My wife spends most of her time at her parents’ house and wants me to live with them permanently. My wife does not take proper care of the house or the children and when she returns from the parents’ house her behavior is even worse. We do not have satisfactory sexual relations either. I would have divorced her long ago if it was not for the children. Can you suggest a solution for this problem?
A1. What you need is marital counseling. This should
involve not only you and your wife but also the extended family. Marital therapy can help husband and wife to understand each other’s points of view and make satisfactory mutual adjustment. The role of the marital therapist can also be fulfilled by some mutual friend in the family. The disturbed sexual relationship is a natural out growth In such circumstances the training and rearing of children
Q2. I enjoy caressing and touching the whole body
included the sexual organs before during and after sexual intercourse, but my wife prevents me from doing so as she thinks this is abnormal. Is she right? A2. Every kind of sexual and physical contact (except anal
intercourse) is allowed by Islam. A couple can engage in all these activities as long as they are pleasurable to both. 9.14 Sex & Smoking
Q. My wife is 26 years old but she smokes heavily; she
has also less interest in sex then before. Do you think that smoking is affecting our sex life? A. Smoking is not only unpleasant to those around you
due to its bad odor it can also cause reduced sexual desire, besides other diseases. 9.15 Aspermia
Q1. We have been married for 7 years but have no child.
The doctors have told me that I have no sperms in my semen. Although my wife loves me very much but because she has a great desire for children she wants to divorce me. Is there any treatment for my problem? A1. You need to consult an urologist for your problem. At
times it is possible to fix this problem. However, even if you have aspermia you and your wife can live together and adopt children to satisfy that desire. Q2. We have been married for 10 years and have an
eight year old son. However we desire more children. I enjoy sitting in warm water for long periods. Does that reduce the sperm count? A2. Exposure of the testicles to constant warm
temperature can affect adversely the production of sperms in the testicles. However you must consult an urologist about the exact state of the sperm count. 9.16 Sexual impotence due to physical illness
Q1. I am 55 years old and am sexually impotent.
Sometime back I had influenza for which I took some medicines. Moreover I have diabetes for which I take insulin injection regularly. Is my treatment possible? A1. Impotence is also caused by diabetes. Besides
regular treatment of diabetes you must also seek sex therapy from a qualified therapist.
Q2. I have developed diabetes since a few years although
there is no sugar in my urine. Moreover I have developed impotence. Is diabetes to blame for it?
A2. In some cases of diabetes sugar does not escape into
the urine and therefore the disease has to be gauged from blood sugar alone. Along with the treatment of diabetes you must get sex treatment from a qualified therapist. Q3. Is it possible to cure impotence due to diabetes?
A3. The first requirement is to properly control diabetes
with medication. If impotence is present even after that then there are ways and means to handle it if one seeks treatment from a sex therapist. The most well known medicine in this regard is Viagra. Q4. We spent the first 10 years of our life happily married
but now my husband who is 50 years old has started to drink alcohol excessively and has developed impotence. If he stops drinking and takes good food is it possible to treat his condition? A4. This is the best way to help your husband overcome
his sexual problem. Alcohol like other narcotics has negative effect on sexual performance. Consulting a sex therapist may also help.



«Ob man es glaubt oder nicht: Es gibt eine schweizerische Americana», steht auf dem Zettel, der Shilfsneuer Platte «Out for food» beigelegt ist. Man glaubt es eh, denn man kennt ja Reto Burell, und Shilf istnoch einen Tick besser. Produzent Chris Eckman von den Walkabouts hat alles richtig gemacht und NadiaLeontis Stimme in den Mittelpunkt dieser Indie-Folk- und Alt. Country-Platte gestellt

Abstracts workshop 2.pdf

A Solid Waste Contaminated Site in the Negev Desert – Case Study U. Manandhar, R. Vulkan, O. Barazani, P. Sathiyamoorthy and A. Golan-Goldhirsh Ben-Gurion University of the Negev The Jacob Blaustein Institute for Desert research, Department of Dryland Biotechnologies Desert Plants Biotechnology Laboratory, Sede Boker Campus 84990, Israel A solid-waste-contaminated site in the N

Copyright © 2008-2018 All About Drugs