Microsoft word - 265 chm.doc
Skills of Analytical Chemistry
Spectrometric methods of analysis
• Statistical analysis of chemical results.
The course aims at training the student in the fieldwork by taking samples then analyzing
them in the lab using all the methods he has studied before in previous courses and in
particular advanced instruments then, write reports about these experiments in the form of a
small research project and discuss it.
The study of this course enables the student to:
• Learn the methods of research in the chemical literature (literature surveys).
• Learn the methods of sampling and sample preparation.
• Learn how to write a scientific report. • Design chemical experiments.
• Writing laboratory reports. • Statistical analysis of chemical results.
• Christian G.D., 1994. Analytical Chemistry, 5th edition,
John Wiley & Sons, New York.
• Ibrahim Al-Zamal, 1419 H. Analytical Chemistry :
Instrumental analysis. Al-Khareejy publications and
distribution. (In Arabic).
• The various scientific periodicals.
1- Literature surveys:
• Recording research papers and abstracts.
2- Methods of sampling and sample preparation:
3- Writing a scientific report:
• The introduction and the theoretical
• Statistical assessment and treatment of
• Discussion and conclusion. • References and report content.
4- Design of chemical experiments:
• Carry out the analysis more than once. • Carry out the analysis in more than one lab.
• Control solution. • Internal standard solution.
1- Collecting and analysis of various types of
samples of water:
• A comprehensive study of chemical and
physical properties (pH, conductivity, total
dissolved solids, hardness, chemical elements,) for the aim of determining the relevance of water for drinking and agriculture needs.
2- Sampling and analysis of various types of soil
• A comprehensive study of the physical and
chemical elements,) for the aim of determining the soil quality and its relevance to agriculture.
3- Environmental study of Riyadh city:
• Analysis of poisonous heavy metals (Pb, Cd, environment of Riyadh city
…) in different types of samples (dust, soil, and its problems. plants) in samples taken from schools for instance.
4- Determination of Fe, Ca, Cu, etc… in foodstuff,
The student learns the examples : vegetables, fruits and milk.
foodstuff samples, and their analysis in a correct manner.
5- Determination of aspirin concentration in
different samples of commercially available
6. Determination of Na and K concentrations in
7- Determination of vitamin C in fruits.
8- Separation and identification of compounds in
lubricants and then study these using IR
9- Determination of caffeine and preservatives,
example: benzoic acid in fizzy drinks.
Biotech 101: The Road to FDA Approval By Adam Feuerstein TheStreet.com Senior Writer 7/5/2004 8:09 AM EDT URL: http://www.thestreet.com/tech/adamfeuerstein/10169168.html This is a bonus story from Adam Feuerstein, whose biotech coverage usually runs only on RealMoney . We're offering ittoday to TheStreet.com readers. To read Adam's commentary every day, click here for information on a fr
myeloom 2012Guidelines for the treatment of multiple myeloma 2012 S. Zweegman, H.M. Lokhorst, M-D. Levin, E. de Waal, G.M.J. Bos, M.J. Kersten, P. Ypma, S.K. Klein, M.C. Minnema, P. Sonneveld, namens de Myeloom Werkgroep van HOVONDe laatste richtlijnen voor de behandeling van het multipel myeloom zijn opgesteld in 2010 namens de Myeloom Werkgroep (MWG) van stichting Hemato-Oncologie Volwassenen